Thursday, December 3, 2009

Do You Remember...? Cereal Box Prizes

I love eating cereal. But something really pisses me off nowadays. What happened to the prizes that come inside the cereal boxes??? The greatest part of the cereal box experience was lost! I remember my mom getting so mad at me for just opening a new box so that I could stick my hand into the bag of sticky Sugar Crisp, just to retrieve the Sugar Bear Pog and add it to my collection. The cereal companies finally got smart and placed the prizes on the outside of the plastic bag, not buried deep within the cereal. Remember those color changing spoons that came in the Trix and Fruity Pebbles boxes? Now if you want to get a prize from a cereal box you have to collect 30 paper tokens from 30 different boxes to finally get your Cuckoo Cocoa Puff alarm clock! Boy, this recession has really hit us hard. And can you please make the games on the back of the boxes a little more challenging for us 20 year olds who still eat cereal on a regular basis? I can count how many Cap'n Crunch pieces are hidden on the back of the box before I pour my milk. And don't make me go into the inside of my box to find out that I lost the contest to win a Cinnamon Toast Crunch sweepstakes. Just print it on the front of the box and kill my dreams straight away. Eating cereal just isn't as exciting anymore. Stay tuned to my article on cereal varieties and characters coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment